Saturday, April 30, 2011

so many changes.....so fast!

Well, today I am 16 weeks pregnant! This is where the whole pregnancy math gets confusing.....16 wks is 4 months right?? Well, I still have 5 1/2 months to go. You would think that girls would learn sooner than when they get pregnant that pregnancy (assuming things go as planned) lasts LONGER than 9 mos. Just sayin'....

So as you will see below, I now have the "not looking pregnant:" thing covered. It seems like I got a belly over night....I mean, I knew it was getting bigger, but then I woke up one day and couldn't suck it in anymore! I am, at the moment, dealing with the emotions that come along with that. I am so thrilled that I actually look pregnant now! And it definitely makes the whole having a baby thing so much more real. On the other hand, for the last 28 years I have worked towards keeping my abdomen from protruding past my breasts, that is no longer! Dan actually took me shopping the other day to get some real maternity clothes. Thank God women today believe in being fashionably pregnant, or you guys would have to suffer through me trying to stuff my huge ass into what is currently in my closet....not pretty. But there is no way in hell i would succome to the early decades where you just tossed on a mumu and houseshoes and called it a day ;-)  Things are still kind of big on me, but judging from how quickly my weight is going up and my pre-pregnancy jeans are shrinking, they should be good to go in no time ;-)

Another first for me came this past Tuesday. I actually felt my first MJ movement :) It was quick and soft and before I could even comprehend what was going on, it was over.....but it was awesome all the same. Now, I keep trying to recreate that exact moment in the hopes that my little flutter will happen again, but no such luck......UNTIL about 3 minutes ago, I would swear I felt our little angel practicing his/her high kicks once again. Talk about being on cloud nine :) This pregnancy thing just keeps getting cooler.

Besides that, not much has been going on with me. My next Dr. appt is May 20th. That is the day that we will find out what little MJ is! I know the Joneses are holding out for a little boy to carry on the name, but considering that between our two families, all we seem to create is beautiful little girls....I guess we really will just have to wait and see :)

Well, until next time......I leave you with a picture I never thought I would post unless it was a "before" to my Jillian Michaels-like "after" photo ;-)

15 wks 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment