Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just add baby

I know that I mentioned a while ago in a post that I would eventually post pics of Mia's nursery. Well, we finally got the last piece of furniture this weekend!! We have been waiting on the hutch for our dresser since we got the other pieces in April....we tend to jump the gun on these things, so its not like we were in any danger of it not getting here before her big debut ;-)

Dan and I have really enjoyed putting her nursery together. Its been a real bonding experience to pick everything out and decorate together. I feel INCREDIBLY blessed to have a husband who is totally and 100% involved in every nursery-related decision that has been made so far :) and I mean EVERY decision. Being that we wanted Mia's room, which was intended as a "study" according to the floor plan, to look less office-y and more little-girl-room-y, we did what we could to change it up, without having to paint. I, personally, love it. It is my favorite room in our house in every way. I can tell it's Dan's favorite room too. Sometimes I catch him in there just staring into the crib, or just sitting in the glider looking up at her name :) He's going to be such an amazing Daddy....Mia is a very lucky little girl.


To quote Dan from earlier today "Mia needs to hurry up and get here so I can show her what we did!" :) I had to remind him, that it would be ok if she waited just a LITTLE bit longer.

I have attached some pics of the room, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
I know its kind of faint, but in pink and yellow letters 'AMELIA' is on the shelf above the door

I call this 'Mia's garden' and the frame above the flowers has baby pics of myself, Dan, Luci and a blank frame for our little angel once she gets here :)
her crib

Mia's Mural and the most comfy chair ever created.
*side note: the blanket draped over the back was handmade by Dan's Yia-Yia (Greek for Grandmother) for him when he was born. Its absolutely gorgeous!
our long awaited HUTCH!! and dresser. The knobs on the cabinets of the hutch are little yellow roses :)

View from the door when you walk in, it looks snug, but feels cozy ;-)

1 comment: